Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Real estate community out of touch, ridicules concerns of the poor

Bwah-hah-hah
By Jim Duncan

The various ways people come to this blog make me laugh.
how to trick housing inspectors mold
how to cheat housing authority

Luckily, neither person found what they were looking for here. Both stayed for less than two seconds. Ah, the internet: the source for all those seedy questions.

This entry is filed under Blog, Off-topic. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

One Response to “Bwah-hah-hah”
1
Blair says:
July 23rd, 2006 at 5:19 pm

How about searching for “Housing Authority cheats”? Your blog doesn’t come up. But a more balanced list does: how people cheat housing authorities and how housing authorities cheat people.

My blog doesn’t come up either. But I’ve never used “cheat” in connection to housing authorities. But I have used the words crime, felony, eminent domain, unconstitutional, ethnic/economic cleansing.

Housing Authority felony” returns an interesting list of hits.

It’s not unusual for real estate companies to move properties seized by housing authorities. Rumor has that Real Estate III Independent (Charlottesville) came into existence in 1972 to move seized properties. But that’s an unsubstantiated allegation so far. However, most of the oral history assertions I’ve had time or been allowed to investigate have turned out to have merit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blair said...

Jim, you're right. In retrospect, the headline doesn't make sense. Looks like I equated seedy questions with seedy people searching how to cheat seedy housing authorities. In my zealous advocacy I projected my bias where there really wasn't any. The headline and post were meant to be provocative and were successful in that at least one person was provoked enough to type in, what are you talking about, dude? The post was an opportunity to provide a different perspective and raise questions. What is the relationship between government agencies and real estate companies? How much public land is advertized and sold by local real estate companies and the possible ethical considerations? How about this: what's the ratio of public to private land and how does that effect the market? Someone may read your blog and be provoked enough to explain from a realtor's point of view what's going on and what's keeping someone who pays rent from paying a mortgage instead. Or they may simply give you more business because the blog has a more diverse audience who participate. Blah blah blah.

I do need to be more careful because more people are taking a look at what I have to say, especially since I'm on the CvilleBlogs list. I've made mistakes in the past and have no hope of avoiding them in the future. So if I say something more stupid than usual, please set me straight.

7/26/2006 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home